I usually try to keep my diet gluten free, dairy free, and grain free because of health reasons but occasionally I like to treat myself to a pizza-heaven -not to be cheesy or anything. This 5 minute pizza crust recipe is miraculous as in you don’t have to wait around for the dough to rise and there is no need for kneading! (I’m hilarious)
Miracle Pizza Crust
Heirloom Mozarella Homemade Pizza.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast (2¼ tsp)
- 2 tbspoons honey
- 1 cup warm water (110ºF)
- 2½ to 3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in warm (not boiling) water. Let stand around5 minutes, until the yeast becomes frothy.
- Add the flour, olive oil and salt and mix by hand until a soft dough forms. The dough should be fairly firm.
- Roll the dough into a ball (for a thick crust) or into two separate balls (For thin crust).
- Let the dough rest 3 to 5 minutes while you gather your pizza toppings. For this pizza I used heirloom tomatoes in different sizes, mozarella slices and homemade pesto.
- Roll dough to desired thickness and shape. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 8 to 10 minutes on a pizza pan dusted with a little oil or placed on top of a baking sheet. (Time will depend on the thickness of the dough and your oven. Keep an eye on the dough so it doesn’t overcook and make sure to give it enough time so it is not undercooked!)