As Holly Golightly once said, “It’s useful being top banana in the shock department.”
Thus, I present to you a shockingly easy and even more shocking healthy version of the classic banana bread recipe.
Dolce and Banana Bread
Dolce and Banana Bread.
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 2 tbsp honey or raw agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- chopped ripe fig (about 1/2 cup)
- chopped walnut (about 1/2 cup)
- flax seeds (about a tsp to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Start by mashing the bananas in a bowl, add all ingredients up to the almond milk. Mix with a mixer. Once mixed add the desiccated gluten free and oat flour and mix well.
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour half the mixture in, sprinkle figs and walnuts about half. Pour the remain mixture and sprinkle top with remaining figs and walnuts and for decoration I added banana slices as well.
- Leave in the oven for about an hour. Always checking so you don’t over cook it. You know it’s done when you can pass a toothpick through it and no batter comes up. The top should look a little toasty and golden.
- It will be VERY hot. Let it cool before you cut through it, once it cools it becomes a lot more sturdier.