What looks like a delicious plate of alfredo pasta, tastes just like it but without ALL the guilt? An “impastah” version with zucchinni noodles, otherwise known as zoodles and a creamy cauliflower sauce.
These recipe will leave you cartwheeling all around your kitchen in joy. Is it really possible to mimic this delicious plate without any carbs or dairy? YES, YES IT IS.
It’s time to stop salivating and start creating now so get to it. This plate ain’t making itself on it’s own.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter from Earth Balance
- ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon aminos for paleo
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and the vegetable stock or water to the pot, cover with a lid, and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. Taste and add more butter and sea salt, if you’d like.
- Either use it right away or pour it into a pan to keep warm until you are ready to use it. ENJOY!!