think I like them Sam-I-Am. These Green Eggs are better than anything Dr. Seuss could have cooked up in his kitchen and dare I say.. in his head? Super light, packed with zest and a hell lot of nutrients, this Green Shakshuka recipe is a must for lunch, brunch and light dinners!
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup kale
- ½ a lemon
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ a bunch of mint
- ½ a bunch of dill
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Trim and roughly chop the spring onions, then peel and finely chop the garlic.
- In a large frying pan add cumin powder and 1 pinch of sea salt and a little about 1 tbsp of olive oil with the heat on medium-low.
- Fry the spring onion and garlic over medium-low heat until softened and golden.
- Remove and discard the stalks from the kale and roughly slice the leaves. Add to the pan with the lemon juice, stirring.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and black pepper, then stir and cook for a about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach looses it’s water.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and leave to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, put a lid on to steam the tops. Season the yolks with salt and pepper if you would like.
- Roughly chop the mint leaves and dill, then sprinkle over the eggs. ENJOY!