hese easy to whip up pancakes will step up your breakfast game! Top off with banana stars, figs, flax seeds or whatever your heart desires. Add honey almond butter in between the stacks for a sweeter taste!
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, milk, sugar and coconut oil. With a wire whisk, mix until combined.
- Add the brown rice flour, matcha green tea powder and baking powder. Mix until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. To make a pancake, ladle about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Pour enough batter to make 1 or 2 more pancakes at a time, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart.
- Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes and the sides are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. With a spatula, flip the pancake and cook 1-2 minutes more on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. ENJOY!!