DISCLAIMER: This pasta originally was to be paired with a cashew ricotta I made but I accidentally used all of it on a vegan lasagna instead! ( Recipe coming soon)
None the less, this pasta was DAMN good, and I mean slurp the last noodle, lick the bowl kind of good. Don’t be afraid to play around with the recipe depending on your taste. I added red pepper flakes in the end to give it a little kick.
Good vibes all around!
Beet Pasta Sauce
- 1 beet peeled
- 1/4 cup of clean marinara
- 1/4 cup of blanched cashew
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- One serving of brown rice spaghetti cooked
- 1/2 cup of pasta water saved
- Grab your peeled beet and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 1hr at 350F.
- Once it’s done, remove from oven. Open the foil and add beet and rest of ingredients to food processor.
- Once the pasta is done remove the water but save half a cup of it. Gently add the sauce into the pot and slowly add the pasta water and be testing the consistency, don’t pour all of it at once.
- In the end, the pasta shouldn’t be watery, it should have a thick consistency to it.
- Add a poached egg on top and enjoy!