ou know that old adage, “Eat your veggies”? And by old I mean, remember when you were a kid and every adult you encountered was like, eat your broccoli or else… and you were forced to chew down that cardboard tasting, piece of poor excuse for food and hated every second of it?
Well, that was then this is now. These are veggies that you’ll actually like, like the kind of person you’re skeptical of at first because they are too nice, these veggies are like “LOOK AT ALL THE AMAZINGNESS I’M PACKING”, and you’re rolling your eyes but then you get to know them better and then realize they are actually chill, honest, loving people. These rolls are that type of new friend.
aw veggies are great for your digestive tract because they go in there and help scrape off nasty-ness on your intestinal walls which in turn helps keep your shit moving, literally, and overall makes one happy tummy! See I told you these guys were good!
Hassle-free, fresh, and the perfect meal for this over -bearing heat, take a break from this hellish summer with these cool, cucumber rolls!
Raw Vegan Rolls
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 medium, ripe avocado
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Pinch of pepper
- juice of 1 lime/lemon
- 1/4 tsp of aminos sauce
- assorted veggies: I used purple cabbage, carrot, yellow pepper. Cut them vertically into thin slices then trim the height based on the wid of the cucumber strip.
- Slice cucumbers upright, not horizontally using a gondola on the thinnest setting. You will get long thing slices that you should set apart in a prepping board.
- Mash the avocado, add the seasoning, aminos and lemon juice. Continue mashing until well mixed.
- Here comes the fun. Grab a spoonful of avocado mixture and plop it in the middle of the cucumber strip. With the back of the spoon start spreading the avocado mixture evenly throughout the strip.
- Add the veggies at the beginning of the strip and then proceed to roll. Carefully place upright on plate.